Absa Group Limited (ABGL), formerly Barclays Africa Group Limited, and originally Amalgamated Banks of South Africa, is an African based financial services group, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance
The company is hiring experienced and educated individuals for the position
Listed below is all there is to know about the job
- Receive loan application to be scored, verify the signature of branch manager, acknowledge receipt and return acknowledged schedule to the branch.
- Vet all loan applications by checking that all supporting documents have been received and verifying that loan applications have been properly completed.
- Check data captured by Personal Banker / Relationship Manager line by line and authorize the system if all items have been captured correctly.
- Release the results of the credit scores (fates) to the branches through e-mail.
- For overrides for appeals as instructed by the Head of Retail Credit. Update the fates sent to the branches.
- Receive credit card applications through Sybrin for vetting.
- Ensure Underwriting Log Sheet is updated.
- Retrieve CIS Report from the CBS portal.
- As RM for IRM, ensure archiving, BLOR, Clean Desk, RM snap Check are performed as the IRM policy.
- Undertake to snap checks / RCA as assigned by the Head of Underwriting.
- Monitor workflow in the Ebox queue.
- Contribute to the manpower planning done by the Head of Underwriting.
- Receive queries from the query center in operations and occasionally directly from branches. Investigate the issues and respond directly to the source.
- Escalate only queries that cannot be resolved directly to the Head of Underwriting.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Business Improvement Orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Creole, Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), English, Experience in a similar environment, Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Operational administration (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
There is no deadline set for this job position at the time of publishing but be sure to get in touch with the business for further details.
How To apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply